Thursday 10 November 2016

Notes on "High by the beach"


This song being hazy and having a intense beat really fits her carefree vocals. The soundtrack being quite laid-back and mesmerising is due to the percussion adding enough pop into the track to make it the melody it is. It seems to have an unbothered vibe to the track. The two themes that are addressed are a relationship that’s become another problem and a carefree attitude towards her fame - this has been successfully presented as a visual messageAs well as all of this it also has a hypnotising hook. The song is very eery and overall has a dark and mysterious tone. 

I believe this would be a successful choice to have as non-diegetic music for my film as it is a never ending journey of mystery and negative connotations. 


I believe this song will be a successful choice of music to have for my film; this is for multiple reasons. Firstly, the song starts off with a hollow sound and sounds like extreme emotion. The words also interconnect with what I am trying to portray in my film.


"Now you're just another one of my problems
Because you got out of hand"

Overall, the song portrays all the messages I wanted the song to and is successfully conveying the vibes and tones of what the film will be.




No comments:

Post a Comment